Updated: Jan 15
When renovating or constructing your dream kitchen, one of the most important pieces of kitchen equipment you need to choose is the kitchen cabinets. Kitchen cabinets are crucial as they will have a great impact on the holistic image of your kitchen. Kitchen cabinets vary in designs and colors, from rustic to traditional to contemporary design. Choosing the right kitchen cabinet can be taxing.
Here are some of the Popular Kitchen Cabinet Styles you can choose from:
1. Traditional Cabinets: Traditional cabinets are known to be ornate and rich. Traditional designs are usually blended with different hues and elaborate motifs. The color usually ranges from clear white to cream to red or browns. The design focuses on the order of symmetry and balance.
2. Shaker Cabinets: Shaker is one of the most popular as it blends with any hardware, and it fits with almost every design. This cabinet shows simple, elegant, and functional features. This cabinet is flat-paneled doors with rail frames.
3. Rustic: This design evokes a warm and inviting atmosphere. It is often made out of wood which is often seen in cabins in the country or mountain areas. Rustic cabinets are often rugged or matte to highlight the real texture of the wood.
4. Contemporary: This cabinet designs resonate with simplicity and a slick minimalist layout. This is often used as the best choice for small kitchens where cabinets can be taller and give more storage area. Materials used for this cabinet are usually metal, concrete, plastic, or glass.
5. Slab: Commonly known as flat-front or panel-front cabinets, this economic design is easy to clean because of the flat surface.
6. Country: This gives a cozy and timeless country vibe. Wood is the most common material used in country-style cabinets with yellow, green, blue, or cream paint.
7. Craftsman: Defined by its minimal ornamentation, the craftsman features a natural wood kitchen. It is usually made of heavy woods such as quarter-sawn oak, hickory, cherry, or maple.
8. Glass-front: Known as the open-framed doors, these are perfect for those who want to openly display their kitchen items. These cabinets are illuminated to add ambiance.
9. Louvered: This is composed of layered horizontal slabs that bring an illusion of space to your kitchen. This cabinet requires ventilation like ones near the radiator or for housing electronics like cable boxes.
10. Open Shelving: This is a unique way of incorporating storage. This requires organization and cleaning and is often combined with wall cabinets. This is the smart way to keep kitchen utensils and spices.
What type of kitchen cabinet are you going to use will depend on your kitchen space available and the general interior and plan of your house. This is also greatly influenced by your taste, budget, and time.